What is NEURASTHENIA and how you can get relief from it?
Definition of NeurastheniaAccording to Merriam Webster, neurasthenia is a condition that is characterized especially by physical and mental exhaustion usually with accompanying symptoms like headaches, insomnia, and irritability. It is believed to result from psychological factors like depression or emotional stress or conflict, and it is sometimes considered similar to or identical with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
Neurasthenia was coined by the American neurologist George Beard (1869). He described Neurasthenia as the exhaustion of the nervous system. However, it was ignored as a diagnostic category until being classified among the neuroses as a condition characterized by weakness, fatigue, lack of stamina, and exhaustion as distinguished from hysterical neurosis, anxiety neurosis, and depressive neurosis. In literal sense, neurasthenia is the condition of weak nerves in which the patient suffering from neurasthenia is thought to be easily disturbed by littlest stresses, resulting in symptoms like anxiety, and depression. Some other symptoms associated with neurasthenia may include rapid intense heartbeat that may be irregular; cold, clammy hands and feet; hyperventilation; dizziness; periodic sighing; and/or sweating for no apparent reason.
Neurasthenia is still diagnosed in some countries like Taiwan and Hong Kong. However, in western countries fatigue is seen to be a symptom of some other disease rather a disorder in itself.
Causes of NeurastheniaModern day neurasthenia is typically associated with individuals who lead a sedentary lifestyle. Some of the factors that play a major role in causing neurasthenia, some of which are heredity, gender, stressful occupation, and age.
Here’s how homeopathy can help you get relief from neurasthenia.
Alfa-Z from ZCare Wellness is a homeopathic health tonic that promotes physical and mental health. The special and fast acting ingredient of Alfa-Z can help relieve the symptoms of various disorders like insomnia, general debility, neurasthenia, anxiety, nervousness, anorexia, loss of appetite, etc. Alfa-Z can be really beneficial during convalescence, i.e. healing period after a disease or a surgery. Alfa-Z is particularly helpful in restoring physical and mental well-being of an individual by replenishing deficiency of vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
1. AlfalfaIt favourably influences nutrition by toning up the appetite and digestion, improves vigour and is indicated for neurasthenia, nervousness and insomnia. It increases quality and quantity of milk in lactating mothers.
2. GinsengIts excellent result is due to vitamin D1 and 82 (Thiamine and Riboflavin) as well as due to its mineral ingredients with high content of sulphur.
3. Janosia AshokaIt is traditionally used as female Tonic.
4. Hydrastis CanadensisUsed for people who get tired easily. Used to treat people with debility, catarrhal symptoms and weight loss. It is also useful in weak muscular power, poor digestion, lumbago and constipation, especially suitable for the elderly.
5. Mongonum AcetlcumUseful in symptoms associated with aversion to food from a feeling of satiety.
6. Ferrum PhophoricumUsed for treatment of general weakness like low vitality.
China OfficinalisIt is a verified remedy for debility, irritability, throbbing headache, flatulence, belching due to organ dysfunction, feeling of exhaustion due to loss of vital fluids, anorexia (loss of appetite) etc.
Neurasthenia can affect the strongest of us! To know if you are suffering from neurasthenia and get relief from it, visit us. To find a doctor near you, visit www.zcarewellness.com