Flatulence – Symptoms, Causes & Remedy
IntroductionFlatulence is commonly known as farting, passing wind, or having gas. Flatulence is the state of having excessive gas in stomach or intestine which is usually released from anus with sound or odour. Having gas is a normal process and everyone experiences it regularly. Some people pass wind few times in a day, others pass it frequently. The average is said to be about 8 to 15 times a day. Farting is often laughed about, but excessive flatulence can be embarrassing and make you feel uncomfortable around others. However, it can usually be controlled with changes to your diet and lifestyle.
CausesCauses of excessive gas in the digestive tract mentioned below
1. Swallowing of airWe swallow air throughout the day when we eat and drink. The air swallowed is in small amount. If you swallow more air, you experience more flatulence. It may even cause you to burp. Other ways of swallowing air is smoking, chewing gum, drinking aerated drinks, eating too quickly, sucking on pen caps, etc.
2. Dietary choicesSome food items cause excessive flatulence. These include beans, lentils, cauliflower, apples, garlic, onion, fruit juices, cabbage, broccoli, yeast in baked products like bread, dairy produce, cereals like wheat or oats, etc. These foods generally take a long time to digest and they lead to foul smell associated with flatulence.
3. Breakdown of undigested foodSome food cannot be fully digested by the body. Such foods directly pass from the intestine to the colon without being digested where the large amount of bacteria break the food and in turn release gas. Gases such as hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and methane are generated. The build up of this gas causes flatulence.
SymptomsSymptoms of excessive gas or flatulence may include:
- Increased frequency or excessive instances of passing gas
- Smelly or foul smelling gas production
- Abdominal bloating
- Abdominal pain or discomfort
Homeopathic remedy for Dyspepsia:
Specially formulated under expert guidance and observation from leading homeopaths, Gastro-Z is one of the best selling homeopathic syrup from ZCare Wellness that can bring all your indigestion related miseries like flatulence, dyspepsia, heartburn, burps, etc to an end. What makes Gastro-Z effective in treating flatulence and other indigestion related problems is the selective and fast acting set of ingredients which have been mentioned below:
- Carico Papaya Used in treating Dyspepsia and poor digestion.
- China Officinalis China gives best results when the whole abdomen is bloated and full of gas.
- Carbo Vegitabilis Best homeopathic remedy when gas is present in upper abdomen and causes burps
- Lycopodium Clavotum Homeopathic cure for gas in lower abdomen
- Nux Vomica Remedy for acidity that occurs after eating spicy food, coffee or alcoholic drinks. This is also the ideal homeopathic treatment for constipation.
- Natrum Phosphoricum Homeopathic treatment for heartburn accompanied by sour burps and vomiting
- Robina Pseudacacia Effective treatment for digestive disorders when patient complains of heartburn and burps that cause burning in the throat and acidic vomiting.
- Capsicum Annum Used for various problems related to digestion including upset stomach, intestinal gas, stomach pain, diarrhoea and cramps.
- Hydrastis Candensis It promotes appetite, increases secretion of the gastric and intestinal juices and restores the normal condition.
Not sure if you’re suffering from Flatulence? Visit www.zcarewellness.com to find a specialist near you.