Tackle Anxiety Disorders With Homeopathic Remedies
What is anxiety?
According to the American Psychological Association, anxiety is an emotion which is characterized by feelings like tension, worried thoughts and physical changes such as high blood pressure.
In general, it is a feeling of apprehension. It is a normal human emotion and most people have experienced it. In fact, it is beneficial when you are in a particularly dangerous situation since it triggers the fight or flight response in the body, thereby enabling you to save yourself from harm.
However, anxiety and anxiety disorder are 2 completely different things. Let us learn to differentiate between the two and then see how homeopathic remedies can help with it.
Difference between anxiety and anxiety disorder
Being anxious when you have an important exam coming up the next day is normal. It helps you work harder and enables you to get good grades on the exam. Although anxiety is normal and even beneficial, it can soon turn into a problem for many people. The main difference between normal anxiety and anxiety disorder depends on the source and the intensity of the anxiety episode.
Anxiety disorders tend to be chronic and irrational, interfering with regular life. Incessant worry, avoidance behaviour, and concentration and memory problems are some of the symptoms of anxiety disorder.
Types of anxiety disorders
Contrary to popular belief, there are more than one types of anxiety disorders. They are differentiated on the basis of the cause, trigger, situations, etc. For example, a person having social anxiety disorder will have an issue only when he is made to interact with people.
Let’s take a look at all types of anxiety disorders:
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Selective Mutism
- Specific Phobia
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Substance Induce Anxiety Disorder
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders
There are so many people who think they have some kind of psychological disorder just because they read the symptoms online somewhere. You need to keep this in mind that it is crucial to get a thorough diagnosis of your health - be it mental or physical - by a certified health professional.
However, before you decide to get checked professionally, you need to know if you have any symptoms that suggest the prevalence of anxiety disorders. That’s why we have listed a number of symptoms that are associated with various types and levels of anxiety disorders. You can check them out, but remember to not take it as carved in stone.
- Lack of concentration
- Racing thoughts
- Unwanted thoughts
- Hypervigilance or irritability
- Excessive worry
- Feeling of impending doom
Causes of Anxiety Disorders
It is common knowledge that rabies is a viral disease that spreads through the bite of an infected animal. However, in the case of anxiety disorders, it becomes difficult to pinpoint one single culprit. A number of causes and factors are sometimes involved and that makes it difficult to ascertain them or to narrow it down.
Let us discuss some of the common causes of anxiety disorders.
- Environmental triggers: Certain triggers and stressors can cause or elevate the symptoms of anxiety disorders. Stress from work, problems at home, a bad childhood, etc can play a crucial role in causing anxiety disorders. In fact, low oxygen in high-altitude areas can also contribute to it.
- Family history: People who have family members that are suffering from anxiety disorders are likely to go through the same thing too.
- Medical factors: Other medical conditions can also lead to anxiety disorders. These can include but are not limited to, side-effects of medicines, symptoms of other diseases, stress from other underlying diseases, etc.
- Brain chemistry: Often, when a person goes through an extremely stressful or traumatic experience, it leads to alteration in the proportion of the chemicals in the brain. This imbalance of the chemicals in the brain can cause anxiety disorders.
- Substance use or withdrawal: When an individual is addicted to or is using illicit substances, it leads to a number of changes in that individual’s body. One of them could be changes in the brain and its functioning that triggers anxiety in the person.
Homeopathic Remedies for Anxiety
Here are some of the homeopathic remedies for anxiety disorders. Let’s see which medicine helps curb what symptoms.
- Alfalfa - Influences nutrition by toning up the appetite and digestion. It is also helpful in nervousness and insomnia.
- Ginseng - It contains vitamins D1 and B2, as well as sulphur. Thus, it works excellently for anxiety.
- Hydrastis Canadensis - It helps build vigour and is useful for fatigue.
- Manganum Aceticum - Useful in feelings of aversion to food and loss of appetite.
- Ferrum Phosphoricum - Helps when there is a general weakness
- China Officinalis - It is very beneficial in cases of debility, irritability,
Homeopathic Medicine for Anxiety Disorder
ZCare Wellness has a homeopathic medicine called Alfa-Z which has all the above-mentioned remedies and more. This homeopathic medicine is extremely useful for promoting physical and mental activities. It is helpful in certain conditions such as insomnia, neurasthenia, anxiety, nervousness, anorexia, and general debility.
For more information regarding Alfa-Z homeopathic medicine, you can contact ZCare Wellness with your queries.